According to Matt, it took him all of one date to know that he wanted to marry me. It took me about a year and I am so thankful that Matt waited for me to figure it out. Matt is a great guy and I knew it...that's why I married him. He is better than I thought, though...I mean, I knew he was a good guy but he is so much better than I knew. Here are some examples why;
When we were coming back from our honeymoon in Cancun, we stopped at a Chili's restaurant in the airport. I ordered a salad. I don't remember what was wrong with it but I didn't want to eat it, but I also didn't want to cause a problem by returning it. (I'm always afraid that the waiter will be mad at the inconvenience.) Matt asked what was wrong and I told him. He suggested that he talk to the waiter about sending the salad back and getting something else. I didn't want to inconvenience anyone. Matt responded with this wonderful comment that describes 'my man,' he said, "It's only an inconvenience when I can't convenience you."
It has taken me two years to start to understand that Matt is happy when I am happy and he will do whatever he can to make that happen. (Women out there, do you all realize this? Our men just want to do the things that will make us happy!!!)
Matt is true to this phrase. I have gotten pretty bad headaches since the 2nd grade, but lately they are getting worse and they are happening more often. I got a headache in the middle of the night which woke me up. After taking some medicine, Matt asked me what was wrong. In the middle of the night Matt is concerned for me. I laid back down and Matt offered to rub my temples, to help the headache go away. In the middle of the night he is worried about me.
This tribute does not fall on our anniversary, or his birthday, or my birthday...It just falls on one of the many days that I am so thankful for my husband. Love you Matt!!! -R-
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What a sweetie! I am so glad that you are happy. There is nothing like being in love.
ReplyDeleteBy the way, I found your blog.. hehe. Check out ours at http://jordananderinspencer.blogspot.com/
Rebekah,
ReplyDeleteSo I have been thinking about you and wondering what you've been up to so I found your blog. I have no phone number anymore (my phone was stolen months ago) and miss talking to you! I would love to catch up! If you get a chance, email me at emmafinau@gmail.com and give me your phone number! Love ya!
Emily Christensen Finau
I think you are great too. Love your face. Hey I love your hair in that picture I think that is my favorite cut and color of your hair thus far.
ReplyDelete