-Instead of road rage, I have the ability to chill in the slow lane and not feel like driving is a competition for the destination = less irritable
-Instead of feeling like my body is a furnace 24/7, I can appreciate both hot and cold, and the AC is no longer runs at night, even in the winter = less heated (still hot! :)
-When Matt says something that I might have otherwise gotten upset over, I sit back and either let himself out of the hole he's dug or let him explain how I misunderstood = more patient
-Instead of looking forward to the end of the day at 6am, I look forward to what the day will bring = less tired, more energy
There are other serious health benefits I have experienced but these are some of the major ones that I have noticed right away. It was a big decision. I had struggled with different health problems for the last year and it was a blessing to find out they were linked. As Matt and I were presented treatment options, and as we considered each, we felt best about surgery. Getting appointments with the doctors and surgeon happened so quickly and seamlessly. This was another blessing and answer that we were on the right course. I struggled for a year. And suddenly in a matter of weeks, the problem would be taken care of. Heavenly Father was and continues to watch over us.
I looked forward to the surgery and the overnight hospital stay. Someone asked me if I was nervous, though. As I thought about it, what did I have to do but show up? I wasn't the one performing surgery...no, I wasn't nervous. I fully trusted my surgeon.
The surgery went wonderful. I stayed overnight in the hospital and Matt stayed with me. I am glad he was there. I felt no real pain from the surgery...just two awful headaches. Here is a pathetic picture Matt took of me. How sad.
This is the incision, three weeks to the day, post surgery. I am thrilled with how it has turned out.
I had no idea! I am so so glad that you are doing better. But I must admit--even in the hospital you are still a beauty. I am so glad for the internet so we can keep tabs on each other. Merry Christmas!
ReplyDeleteso cute, I am glad you feel better
ReplyDeleteI can't even see that scar anymore!! wow, they really did a good job and I'm glad you are feeling so much better after your surgery! I love you girl and can't wait to see you soon ( I hope). Kisses!!!!
ReplyDelete