So I must tell of the experience I had this past summer. Some might not think of it as a big deal, but I think anytime we can recognize the hand of God in our lives increases our faith.
I was searching for a job in the healthcare field over the summer. I thought it would help me to apply my knowledge from nursing school. I would have continued to work at UPS & the hospital until starting my second semester this Fall, then I would have quit UPS and stayed working at the hospital with better pay (but not as good health benefits). While on vacation I received a phone call from the hospital to come in for an interview. I was REALLY excited about the opportunity of possibly getting the job and having a better income. I anxiously returned the phone call and accepted the offer to be interviewed; The only problem was that I was away on vacation and would not be home for another week. The HR representative told me that they would go ahead and choose from the candadites they had already interviewed and didn't even give me a chance (not even an interview over the phone).
Needless to say I was dumbfounded, angry, and confused all together. It was hard enough as it was to get a job, any kind of job, where I come from. Even one at the hospital. I did finally get a second job, but I kept thinking about how awesome it would have been to be able to work in a job related to my academic goals. My plan was to get the job at the hospital and finally quit UPS after 3yrs, but that didn't happen.
After school started in August we found out about Rebekah's thyroid. The more tests that were done to verify a diagnosis the more costly it got. After being presented with all options, surgery was the way to go.
To more fully understand my gratitude and where I'm going with this story is the fact that I was planning to quite a job I already had that provided my wife and I with FULL health benifets in order to work a job at the hospital with less benefits equaling less health converage. Heavenly father new (as he always does) that this surgery would take place, and in all my anger and frustration with the way MY plan was going, I had know idea that Rebekah's surgery would be the reason for me to stay at the job I had. Heavenly father is always watching out for us. It was in his plan for me NOT to switch jobs at that time and now I know why.
Experiences like this one make me realize that not one of us in this life can make it through mortality without the help of the Lord. The Gospel is everything, we just have to be willing to follow it.
This principle has been on my mind so much lately as we are planning our family and when is the right time. I would have given anything to have a baby one year ago...but, yet again, in His infinite wisdom...
ReplyDeleteHope you guys are doing great! Love ya!